Terms and conditions
We Buy Many Vehicles T’s & C’s.
In these terms, unless the context requires otherwise, the following definitions apply:-
a. "Location" means one of the motor vehicle dealerships owned and operated by the Chippenham Motor Company group of companies, including but not limited to those trading as Chippenham Motor Company, MRG Chippenham and Swindon Automobiles on www.webuymanyvehicles.co.uk
b. "Vehicle" means the passenger car (being a car intended for the carriage of passengers excluding light commercial vehicles such as small vans and pick-up trucks, commercial vehicles and Trade Vehicles) that you wish and are legally entitled to sell;
c. "Valuation" means an estimation of the vehicles worth
d. We will offer to purchase the Vehicle in accordance with section 11 below and the provisions of sections 12 and 13;
e. "Inspection" means a true report of the condition and prior use history of the Vehicle recording all material information including (but not limited to):
1. Any exterior or interior damage;
2. Any mechanical issues;
3. Whether it runs;
4. Its mileage;
5. Whether it has been used for private hire, driving tuition or emergency services vehicle;
6. The date and country of first registration and whether it is an import;
7. The service history;
8. The number of previous owners;
9. The MOT and how many months remain until it is next due for an MOT;
10. Whether it has ever been an insurance write off of any category;
11. The number of keys;
f. "Offer" has the meaning set out in section 11.
g. "Trade Vehicle" means a motor vehicle of any kind normally used on public roads which is being offered for sale by a commercially operating business or person or which our Location believes is being offered for sale for commercial advantage.
2. These are the terms and conditions that apply to the exclusion of all others (including any verbal statement or representation).
3. The Chippenham Motor Company group of companies will honour to buy the vehicle only if these Terms and Conditions have been complied with in full.
4. You must make an appointment at one of our 4 locations via www.webuymanyvehicles.co.uk
5. You must attend the appointment with the Vehicle and bring all paperwork relevant to the Vehicle including the V5C, proof of ownership, and evidence of any service history.
6. You must provide photographic proof of identity and proof of address. The proof of identity in each case being less than 3 months old at the date of your appointment.
7. The Vehicle must be subject to an Inspection at one of our 4 locations its condition recorded on an appraisal sheet and signed by you and us.
8. Upon completion of the inspection we will confirm our valuation to you. In the event of a discrepancy in the condition or history being found in accordance with section 1.e above we reserve the right to provide a revised valuation that reflects the discrepancy.
9. We reserve the right to refuse to offer to purchase a vehicle that is a trade vehicle or where it reasonably believed that the customer has owned the vehicle for less than 6 months at date of Valuation.
10. No other valuations shall be accepted by us or applicable.
11. The Price will be authorised by the locations Used Car Buyer who will issue an offer to purchase the Vehicle ("the Offer").
12. The Offer will be valid for five days from the date of issue providing the Vehicle remains in materially the same condition as set out in the Appraisal.
13. If you accept the Offer, a purchase order will be raised which you must sign and the sum set out in the Offer paid immediately to your nominated bank account by BACS on the date that the purchase order is signed by you. Exceptions to this are where the purchase order has been signed on a weekend or bank holiday.
14. Upon signing the Purchase Order, ownership of the vehicle is transferred to Chippenham Motor Company group of companies and you will be required to leave the vehicle with us.
15. A person who is not a party to the offer or purchase order shall not have any rights under or in connection with it and the provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 are expressly excluded.
16. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
17. Nothing in these terms and conditions will affect or limit your statutory rights as a consumer.